This is a list of short summaries of advisory opinions. The list also includes decisions. In these cases, LOWI has declared the petition inadmissible. It has therefore not examined the substance of the petition and has not issued an advisory opinion.
By placing keywords in the search bar (click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner) you can search specifically within the advice.
The full text of the advisory opinion is only available in Dutch. If you want to read the full text in English, you can use the Dutch text for translation purposes.
- Advisory opinion 2019-13Repeated complaint. The LOWI recommends that in future cases more alignment be sought with strict jurisprudence on the concept of nova. The right to complain is not intended to repeatedly submit complaints about one and the same publication with different arguments or other alleged violations of standards of scientific integrity.
- Advisory opinion 2019-12Well-founded complaint about data manipulation in various publications and parts of a thesis. The fabrication and falsification of data qualifies as a violation of scientific integrity. Scientists and others must be able to rely on the fact that all data presented by the petitioner as found data have actually been found. However, that trust has ...
- Advisory opinion 2019-11Summary to be added.
- Advisory opinion 2019-10Summary to be added.
- Advisory opinion 2019-09Summary to be added.
- Advisory opinion 2019-08Summary to be added.
- Advisory opinion 2019-07Summary to be added.
- Advisory opinion 2019-06Summary to be added.
- Advisory opinion 2019-05Summary to be added.
- Advisory opinion 2019-04Summary to be added.