This is a list of short summaries of advisory opinions. The list also includes decisions. In these cases, LOWI has declared the petition inadmissible. It has therefore not examined the substance of the petition and has not issued an advisory opinion.
By placing keywords in the search bar (click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner) you can search specifically within the advice.
The full text of the advisory opinion is only available in Dutch. If you want to read the full text in English, you can use the Dutch text for translation purposes.
- Decision 2020-03The adaptation of the author's contributions fully responded to the petitioners complaint. Therefore, the petitioner does not have sufficient interest in an opinion of the LOWI on the written refusal of the board to issue a provisional ruling.
- Advisory opinion 2020-02Repeated complaint. Although the manuscript that has previously been complained about has now been published in a revised form in a journal, the article has not been changed to a relevant extent in relation to the manuscript.
- Advisory opinion 2020-01Follow-up to 2018-18 and 2018-19. Prior to the reflection audit, the interested parties should have recorded the procedure more accurately (and in writing) and clearly informed the petitioner about the procedure. The interested parties have not acted with sufficient care in setting up the audit procedure.
- Advisory opinion 2019-25The alleged violation of research integrity took place unreasonably long ago (18 years) and/or the complainant waited unreasonably long to submit the complaint to the Research Integrity Committee. Moreover, at the time of the alleged violation the interested parties were not affiliated with the university.
- Decision 2019-24The LOWI does not have the competence to process the petition and to give advice, because ZonMW was not affiliated with the LOWI at the time (by now it is).
- Advisory opinion 2019-23Giving an interview is in this case academic practice of a popularizing nature. The Code of Conduct applies. A Research Integrity Committee is not required to incorporate everything put forward during a hearing into the opinion. It is sufficient for the report of the hearing to be included.
- Advisory opinion 2019-22Although a scientist cannot be held responsible for the way in which research results are displayed by third parties, such as the press, the text of a university press release ís the responsibility of the scientist.
- Advisory opinion 2019-21Review of a thesis. In view of the fact that the interested parties have an appointment with the Open University (OU), LOWI assumes their ability to assess the petitioner's thesis, even though the subjects in that thesis do not coincide one-on-one with their own specific expertise.
- Decision 2019-20The petitioner's complaint does not address a particular TU Delft employee, but Einstein. The petition is manifestly unfounded.
- Advisory opinion 2019-19Master student complains about plagiarism and data falsification by thesis supervisor (PhD student) in poster presentation and interview. It is unlikely that research by a PhD student is entirely based on research that the Master student has devised and carried out independently. The parties use a different definition in their research. This can be part ...